JohnSwenson wrote:
> 192 (and 176.4) will not work with PCM streaming. With PCM streaming the
> sample rate is sent via a separate command, but that command doesn't
> have anyway tospecify 176 or 192. With FLAC streaming the sample rate is
> included in the FLAC header, which DOES know how to specify 176 and 192.
> The latest and greatest beta 7.8 LMS has been upgraded so the sample
> rate command knows about the higher sample rates so PCM streaming will
> work.
>
> John S.

Hmmh. Had the problem with 44.1/16.  I also had flac binary issues on a
Linux server once. I had to use the Ubuntu binaries instead. I need to
check that out again.

I had 7.8 running for a while. While scanning the files it hung up and
the SB wouldn't upgrade. Looked not that stable to me. That got me back
to 7.7.

Cheers