SBGK wrote:
> try commenting out the following lines in the kernel section
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_app_win #new
>
> echo 10000000 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_period_us
> echo 9999999 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us
>
> the SBGK settings are really designed to put all resource to playback so
> user interaction is given very little resource.
>
> and before people say well it doesn't use any resource the idea is that
> with less call on resources the cpu will perform nearer to real time.

Above you need to explain.

Your overall settings - to me at least - are still looking like you're
playing parameter bingo, without understanding much of it.

Above parameters define the realtime schedulers time frame, which can be
allocated by realtime capable processes.

The first parameter says from 1s overall 0.9999999s can be allocated by
SCHED_RT processes.
The remainder towards 1s = 0,0000001s ( maybe I missed a digit)  can be
allocated by SCHED_OTHER (all processes without rt-scheduling).

If you comment above values out you fall back to default values:
10000000 9500000 which means 0.05s can be used by SCHED_OTHER.

In your setup you put quite a lot of processes on IRQs on SCHED_OTHER.
If you comment out above commands you'll cause less stress to
the SCHED_OTHER group. You achieve exactly the opposite you're claiming.
With this you'll concentrate on all other than audio processes.

They key challenge on an rt system is to find the right balance between
all the processes running. And that's a pretty complex task.

And there's more than one solution.

I doubt that "industry experts" supported you on this (and on many more
of your settings).

The overall approach of reducing load on the system with special focus
on the audio process has not been your invention btw!!!

It's known for quite some time.

Anyhow. Keep going. But do your self a favour. Better stop making claims
about this or that. You're still PiggyBacking on things other people
have figured out.

Enjoy.