Hello Andrew:

Liverpool sounds lovely after a couple of months of 40C temperatures!

Re: your mention of low volume with the AM: I found that the parametric
equalizer uses up a lot of CPU juice with the result that with all 16
bands enabled it reduces the output volume to about half its normal
level. So I went back, enabled only a 1db lift below 30Hz and a -6db
shelf above 3KHz plus one very judicious -1.5db in the mid-treble.
Sounds better, cleaner and more open, and I get way more than enough
output volume. the room response graph is not as flat that way, but the
sound is what matters to me.

I also found (the hard way) that the non-volatile memory apparently only
activates if one turns the AM off and then on again, not if one, or the
utility company, cuts off power at the AC outlet. Once activated, it
seems to keep track of one's setting all right.

Best,

Guido F.