edwardian wrote:
> I used a Berkeley Alpha USB with the Touch and EDO (0.5) as well as the
> Wavelength WaveLink (both use the same Streamlength code) - and it
> worked no problem. The device is definitely supported, so perhaps you
> can retrace your steps and see what you did wrong. I don't mean to
> overstate the obvious, but it is imperative that the Touch be completely
> powered off, then plug in the Berkeley to the Touch and power up the
> Berkeley, and then power up the Touch and install EDO with the Berkeley
> already connected.
>
> Also, if you indeed followed that procedure, after EDO installed were
> you able to see (and select) the Berkeley when you went to "Digital
> Output" to select a device?

Just want to share my experience with the Wavelength Wavelink in case
anybody else has problems.  It wouldn't work for me with just EDO and
installing the kernel through that app.  The device would show up in EDO
but would not produce sound and the sampling rate was always at 192.
When choosing the device a second time after already chosen to see
status it would show as "stopped".  In the shell (SSH) the device would
show up in /proc/asound/cards but not aplay -l.

The solution was to install Triode's Kernel Updater applet and install
test kernel #7 using that applet.  Now it shows up in the "aplay -l"
list, status is "running" and sample rate correctly corrseponds to the
source file playing.