I have a new touch connected via ethernet to my network's router.  The
server is always on and running windows 7:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.3 - 1342008352 @ Tue Aug 21 02:04:16
PDT 2012
Hostname: MEDIA-PC
Server IP Address: 192.168.0.xxxx
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 586
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

When I'm playing music I have no problem.  However, when I come back the
player after a while or a day it is disconnected from the network and
says that the ethernet cable is not plugged in.  Replugging the cable
usually fixes the problem.  I have not tried switching the cable all
together which is next.  None of my other players do this.