Hi! Thanks for your replies. I've taken the time to do some testing...

Yes, there is a DNS server shown in the diagnostics. Normally I use
manual IP settings to have the SBT on a fixed IP, but if I connect via
WiFi or ethernet (automatic settings) I still am unable to play internet
radio stations, even though the correct DNS is detected (= the same as
on PC or Mac).

Squeezeplay does work and I can connect the Touch to mysqueezebox.com
and log in via the site and see the Touch online.

But when I try to play internet radio stations, I get the cannot resolve
ip error.