Sometimes you do things because you can , or for neatness . I used
information aviable in old treads on this forum to do it ( there is a
search function and I outlined the details a couple of weeks ago ) . my
thought was to maybe that the CPU cycles could be better used to power
theUI or some such , and for fun. If you want to learn some Linux this
is a fun exercise .
you have to enable remote acess on the Touch , then use SSH via a
terminal on OSX and Linux a terminal is already aviable.
windows user like putty for this

But there really is no valid rationale for doing it, it does not kill
you or your children or do bad thing to soundqality .
so enjoy the music instead if you find this mysterius .