OK, I can't resist.
I know this will probably convince nobody, but while doing the
high-sample-rate audio stuff n iPeng I got quite a bit of experience
with FLAC vs. PCM handling and also quite a bit of testing mileage.
And of course an iPhone is not a Touch and it's of course always on
WiFi.

But my experience is that WAV/PCM is really the worst format you can get
for streaming. It causes more load, more errors, more connection
problems and more systems issues.
You have more data to stream, which at least on iPhone has dramatically
more impact on the processing power requirements all along the line than
the little effort needed for FLAC decoding, it can't error correct as
well because you don't have a full header or checksum so you are more
likely to run into a wrong sample rate, lost frame or something and
since it IS a significant amount of data (96/24 audio streamed
uncompressed requires similar bandwidth as HD video!) you will more
often have underruns and cutouts.

Every second day I was close to saying "let's keep this crap out of the
App, it causes nothing but trouble".

But hey, I'm just an engineer.