Hello all,
Well, pleased to say problem is know fixed. I used Mp3tag to remove all
artwork and that still didn't fix it so I devided my collection in half
and loaded 1 half onto a USB stick. The touch scanned the stick
correctly. Good so fare. Then I had a stroke of luck. I had decided to
add albums 5 at atime until it failed the scan. The next five albums I
added made it fail the scan. I then removed them one at a time until the
scan completed successfuly. It turned out to be a Kasabian album which
according to Mp3tag doesnt even have any artwork. Very strange.

The result is I know have my hole collection minus 1 album all running
lovely.

Thanks for all the help.

Pete