I am a new owner and still trying to understand the SBT Audio controls.

What do the various Audio Volume Settings mean ? Should I set them to
Fix and 100% ?  Even with them set , the Volume control on the remote
still work, so perhaps them they mean different things . No clear
explanation in the manual.

For Best performance I understand I should use 100% SBT volume on the
remote controller and use the Preamp vol.  instead.  However when I
tried this I get so much bass from my subwoofer that it's to the point
of motorboating? How can this be ? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks