Appologies for vague explanation.
I had switched to running Logitech Media Server on my laptop as that is
where my master collection is stored.
Following on from another thread re- the TOUCH being underpowered, I
found it quite a breeze.
I rarely listen to music without may laptop being on and normally I have
a USB FLASH drive in the back of the TOUCH with a selection due to its
size.

Afterwards I switched libraries on the TOUCH back to the one on the
TOUCH LMS USB and shut down the laptop and then found I could not access
my favourites.
I tried accessing them with my Android tablet running Logitech control
s/w.
It kept asking me to log in to mysqeezebox which I did. All my
favourites had vanished.