sprint wrote:
> I am currently using my SB Touch with a Vortexbox rip/NAS unit to play
> my ripped CD's.
>
> I am now looking to use a Mdac and was wondering which would be the best
> way to connect it? Coaxially, Optically or possibly by USB?
>
> However, I understand that the SB USB is not Asynchronous so that is
> possibly not the best route?
>
> What cables are suggested/recommended and do you need to be going down
> the expensive 'audio' route for any of them?
>
> Thanks

USB is only supported with the EDO plugin - it will then be asynchronous
and work with the MDAC as long as you also have an external hub.  The
reason for this is because the hardware in Touch doesn't support the
full features of a hub required to support a full speed (12M) device
such as the MDAC.

Details here: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=124045