Hello!

I have a simple and cheap RFID Reader (see example here:
http://thetransistor.com/2011/10/hacking-cheap-rfid-readers/)
I think it should be possible to connect this to the Squeezebox Touch.
The RFID reader has a USB connection and logs on as a keyboard. if an
RFID tag has been read it types the ID of the Tag.

I thought I can run a simple bash script:

Code:
--------------------

  #!/bin/bash -xv

  while [ true ]
  do
        read -p "Warte auf RFID Code.... " code
        echo "Folgender Code wurde eingelesen: $code"
        echo "00:04:20:22:91:6d display $code" | nc -i 1 192.168.183.20 9090
        echo "00:04:20:22:91:6d playlist play $code" | nc -i 1 192.168.183.20
9090
  done

--------------------

and add some playlists with the number.

I have tried to run the script on startup. But nothing happens. I get no
input from the RFID reader.

I can see in dmesg this:

Code:
--------------------

  input: USB Reader With Keyboard USB Reader With Keyboard as
/class/input/input3
  input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [USB Reader With Keyboard USB Reader With
Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1

--------------------

But i dont know, how i can bring it to work.

Can you help me? That would be a very cheap and low-power (without
microcontroller) solution to let the children play with music. Just a
few pictures on the RFID cards and the children can choose the music
itself.

I have found also this:
http://vanheusden.com/misc/blog/2012-09-16-rfid.php
He has changed the /etc/inittab to use a RFID Reader with his script. My
changes on the touch had no changes made.

Do you have any ideas how this can be done?

Regards
blondie