mdm wrote:
> my fault, haven't edited my signature at the right time. I run LMS 7.7.2
> on Win8 PC. foobar couldn't convert FLAC itself, it needs external
> command-line encoder and as I'd already found out flac_X.exe doesn't
> work under Windows 8.... will look for win-xp pc then.

You could get dBpoweramp and convert with that ,it suports a lot of
formats and if it dont there are addons for most of them .

If it still doesent work try to actually use lower compression rate -5
instead of -8 like many flac files are , this make the work easier for
the decoder ,even if bitrate goes up .

Also experiment with native decoding on the Touch instead of transcoding
to pcm in the server if you do that ?