I used to have this problem on an almost daily basis when using the
internal LMS. I'd come home from an evening out and wanted to relax
listening to music and see the dreaded message, wait for a rescan to the
point I just switched it off and went to bed.

Eventually I took advice from this forum and bought a simple cheap small
footprint PC and installed the PC server s/w from Logitech. It's low
enough power not to cost too much to run 24/7 and I have never had a
problem since.
Nor have I ever had to mess around with the clock since as it also used
to slip using the LMS, and the search speed is far superior.

I know you shouldn't have to do this but I was like you in terms of
frustration.