I use smart mix and no replay gain works very good, I  ever felt the
need for replay gain in the direct place.

Heh... I was wondering whether I was the last one not to use any gain correction.

similar music tend to have similar volume in my case ? must be a bit
dependent on your library, and my cassoulet listening is not very loud

I don't think you can rely on similarity. I know of certain artists or albums which seem to have a much lower level than most others. Eg. Sting, in particular his Bring on the Night and other 80s albums.

--

Michael