Hi,

regardless of whether it could be improved on the EDO side
(I was able to play in asynchronous mode using build in aplay player)
it works now with new firmware for VIA VT1731.

If you have any dac using VIA VT1731 (or Audio-gd with usb-32) there is
new firmware
that allows to play in asynchronous mode using EDO plugin.

Link to firmware and instruction you can find here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/500369/audio-gd-digital-interface/3870#post_9563929

I've flashed firmware on dac and squeezebox works now in asynchronous
mode.

The last thing that I want to do is to upsample on squeezebox side.
Anyone knows how to set up fixed resampling to for example 176,4kHz?