Out of curiosity, has anyone tried this with their SBT?

Not only Enjoythemusic but other online reviews  gave this Metrum DAC
very good kudos. I have seen a nearly new one for sale for Euro500 so I
thought it may be worth it.

The only annoying thing is that it is I cant try before I buy.

http://enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0613/metrum_octave_mkii_usb_dac.htm

For nearly Euro1.3k, I wouldnt buy it for my SBT setup but for less than
half, it is tempting.

I am on the lookout for a better DAC but dont want to chop and change. I
just wanna get the best I can for a reasonable amount.

The review of Metrum is not excessive which is what I kind of
appreciate. The reviewer's gear is also serious so this DAC is up
against serious competition.

Any comments welcome.