I wonder if this is some sort of WIFI interference. New neighbor? Old
neighbor with new router? New refrigerator? (yes, this caused one forum
user major issues).  I had issues with a wireless phone and had to
change to a DECT 6.0 type wireless phone.

Not sure for Mac, but for windows one can use something like inSSIDer to
see all the wifi networks near you.  Figure this out and change your
wifi channel to a channel not used by nearby wifi.  1,6,11 are best
because they don't overlap nearby channels.

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify