swayzak wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just taken delivery of my Touch this week (to go with my 2 x Booms & 1 x
> Duet).
>
> One thing I noticed is that you can select a player from the menu, like
> you can on Controller remote.
>
> Does this mean that the Touch interface can control other players ? Not
> something I intend to do really, but wasn't expecting it...

I use Touches all over my house as controllers of other players, and
they are fantastic for that purpose. Touch on my nightstand to control
the Touch hooked up to the stereo across the room, Touch on the kitchen
counter to control the SB3 controlling a stereo in the other room (with
the B speakers from that stereo in the kitchen ceiling), Touch on my
home office desk controlling a pair of synced Radios across the room
(one playing L channel, one R channel).

Squeezebox Touch was the best product in the line, and really had some
untapped usage potential. The big issue with the touch interface for
that product is that the common use case had it physically placed (e.g.,
in an AV stack) where you aren't using the touch interface. As a
dedicated controller though, it rocks.

cheers,
#!/ben

Former Logitech Developer:
Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
Community Developer: Nokia770Skin (r.i.p.)

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
'KHAAAN!' (http://khaaan.com/)...'BUNNIES!'
(http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/2003allbreedbisris/BIS.html)