I have my Touch connected to an Audioengine D1 DAC that also connects to
my Mac via USB; the DAC outputs to my powered speakers.

The problem is that the DAC gives automatic priority to the optical
input, and as long as the Touch has power (even in the off mode) that
output is active, so I cannot play computer audio.

Right now my options are to disconnect that Touch from the DAC and run a
minijack cable direct to the speakers, or else to disconnect the Mac
from the DAC and connect IT to the speakers using a minijack cable.

The ideal solution for me would be to have the optical output from the
Touch turn off when it is powered down, thus ceding priority in the DAC
to the USB input from the Mac. But I can't find a setting that does
this.

Is it possible?