I imagine other MOG subscribers received this email today from Ian C
Rogers, Beats Music CEO <iancrogers at beatsmusic dot com>.

I'm not a fan of the Beats Dr Dre headphones, but it sounds as if the
streaming service could be a good product. It's interesting to me that
they put so much emphasis on human-curated stations, and not on having X
million tracks on-demand (though of course they'll have both).

For me the two main take-home points of the email are (a) it's a new
app, and (b) SB isn't in their current offerings. No surprises there.
The question is whether SB will get on their radar screen by April 15,
when MOG shuts down.

INTRODUCING BEATS MUSIC.
*Available on the App Store*
Thanks sincerely for your loyalty to MOG. It means everything to us that
you stuck with us while we created the next generation of streaming
music services, Beats Music, using the great foundation of the MOG team
and product. As you may know, Beats purchased MOG more than a year ago
because we too were in love with its fidelity, simplicity, and mobile
capabilities. Our goal was to go a step beyond where MOG or any other
service had gone, to be more than a server, to be of service to the
listener. We wanted to build an app that helped us discover music the
way we discover music, through trusted curators, but that uses computers
for what they’re good at, personalizing an experience to bring the right
song, right now.

DOWNLOAD THE APP TO START LISTENING
The result is Beats Music, an app now available for iPhone, Android,
Windows Mobile, Web, and Sonos, an app that not only has all the
on-demand subscription features you came to love in MOG but also more
ways to find the right song to listen to right now than any other app on
the planet. With Beats Music you should always be one hand and a maximum
of five seconds away from something great to listen to without needing
to think or type in a search box. If you’d like to search or build your
own playlist, please do. But on those many moments when you’re looking
for a quick fix, Beats Music delivers.

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH AT&T?
Exclusively with AT&T, you can get the Beats Music Family Plan with 5
accounts across 10 devices for $14.99/month and a 3 month trial.
Individual Plans with AT&T will be $9.99/month with a one month trial.

*Will MOG shut down?*
Yes. After April 15th, MOG will no longer be available in the US.
Monthly billing will stop on March 15th and yearly subscriptions will be
refunded on a prorated basis. Between now and then we will offer tools
to help make your transition easier. Stay tuned for more information on
those tools.

See for yourself. Download the app and hit play.
-[followed by icons for apps for iOS, Android, and Windows.]-

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it, and it's '100% wind
powered' (http://www.cleancurrents.com/). 'MSI single-core Atom
mini-desktop'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167032)
('Debian' (http://www.debian.org/) Squeeze 6.0.x) feeding: Living room:
'SB Touch'
(http://www.stereophile.com/mediaservers/logitech_squeezebox_touch_network_music_player/index.html)
(http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/C-325BEE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier?products/hifi-amplifiers/C325BEE-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier)
> 'Vandersteen 1' (http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/1clit.html);
Kitchen/Dining: 'SB2'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20050428023747/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
(http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6)
(http://www.polkaudio.com/customaudio/rci/index.php?s=rc60i); Basement:
'SB2'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20050428023747/http://www.slimdevices.com/)
> 'JVC JA-S44'
(http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=204813) > 'ESS
Tempest LS8'
(http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/205237-ess_tempest_ls_8_speakers/);
Bedroom: 'SB Radio'
(http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-audio-receivers-dars/logitech-squeezebox-radio-black/4505-6470_7-33770452.html);
Study: 'Squeezelite local player'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-(alsa-only)&highlight=squeezelite)
> 'Klipsch ProMedia 2.0'
(http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-ultra-2-0-computer-speaker-system);
Backyard deck: 'SB Receiver'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Receiver) > 'AudioSource Amp100'
(http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6)
> 'Polk Atrium 45'
(http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/atrium/index.php#atrium45); Kid's
bedroom:  'Boom'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Boom); Roaming
controllers: Retina iPad with Squeezepad & iPeng, iPod touch with iPeng,
3 'SB Duet Controllers'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Controller), various SB infrared
remotes, 'Nokia N800' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800); In the
bullpen (boxed up and ready to use if one of the above quits): 'SB3'
(http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051210015952/http://slimdevices.com/)
and one more 'SB Receiver'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Receiver)
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/