Ocean56 wrote:
> How well does Ubuntu work as a replacement for Windows?  And how well
> does it work with the Touch?> atrocity wrote:
> > Perfectly.  I first got into Ubuntu specifically because I got a cheap
> > computer to use as a dedicated server.  Never looked back.> >
+1
Ubuntu takes a little getting used to, but no moreso than any other case
in which you are changing operating systems. In general, switching from
Windows to any form of Linux will breathe new life into old hardware. I
have an old laptop that is dual-boot Win XP and Ubuntu 12.04, and the
performance difference is striking.

@atrocity: Have you tried GnuCash? I switched to it from Quicken because
I got tired of Quicken requiring paid updates every three years or so.
It's a nice improvement, at least for the simple things I need it for.