xdb wrote:
> *Perhaps I'm naive but I would have thought that all the discs in a
> professional box set would be similarly tagged etc*.  So if I can see
> one why can't I see the other nine?
>
> It's more a frustration than anything else because ultimately I can play
> them all.  But I would really like to understand what the problem is!
>

> John

You are being naive.

The root of the problem is that the tags that are being pulled in from
the internet are *not* being supplied by the record companies.
Even if they were they would likely as not be a mess.
The tags are done by ordinary folks such as you and I.

I have on occasion had to manually tag CDs I have ripped because there
was nothing to pull in from the AccurateRip database because the CD had
only just been released.
I am very diligent with regards to spelling and titles, but there are
many who are not.
I frequently edit the tags a CD pulls in because of poor spelling.

You owe it to the greater good to rerip those CDs and tag those CDs in
that set properly, so that someone else can benefit from your efforts.
It'll bring you good karma :D

Chris :)