My Denon AVR-687 receiver only has four digital inputs - 2 optical and 2
coax. With the purchase of a new TV that does 5.1 digital out I've now
run out of room and something has to go.

Currently, my four inputs are used from my Touch, my Apple TV, my BluRay
player, and my DVR. It seems that the one I should boot from the lineup
is the Touch, since all three of the other sources carry program in
5.1/Dolby/DTS.

So I'm thinking I will switch the Touch over to from digital coax to RCA
analog output. Am I likely to hear a difference? Or can anyone suggest a
reliable way to share either the coax or optical digital inputs that
does not require a manual switchover?

Thanks in advance for opinions.