Thanks. Everybody seems to agree that an external server is better. So,
I will leave my Pogoplug running.

Btw. RAID, backup, etc. are all issues we can ignore here. I'm not
planning to use the Pogoplug for other puroses than being a server for
my Touch. I do have another, more powerful server with several
harddrives to take care of my backups (and I mean backups, not just
mirroring). I know I could install LMS on that server, too (even though
it's not running 24/7 at the moment), but I like to keep things seperate
for security. So with the Pogoplug as a media server for my Touch, I
won't worry about backups. If the flash drive dies, I just get a new one
and copy the music from my computer onto that again.