Mnyb wrote:
> I would guess it's this one in
> /usr/squeezecenter/Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm there is a Volume function
> between line 174 - 306 I have not tried to muck with it myself don’t so
> i would have any specifs to try .

It's the Player version - I suggest not touching the code but altering
the volume map which has a volume level for each increment (vol control
has about 100 increments in all) but make sure the volume level never
exceeds the maximum level.

The volume map means at low volume an increment only makes a small
change in volume level but at  louder levels - each increment make a
bigger volume change - this is because the way loudness is perceived is
not linear.