I went ahead and followed the instructions and downloaded the applet.
The two connection options given me were digital output or USB 2.0. I
selected the 2.0 option but so far I have been unable to get any sound
coming out of the Touch.

Does the fact that the USB 2.0 option came up mean that at least the
Touch "sees" the DAC I have connected to it?

Further, does anyone have any suggestions of what might be going on?
Another piece of info: I can select internet radio off the Touch now
(but again no sound), but I cannot play any of my music. I select a song
and press the forward button but the song will not begin to play. Has
anyone seen this issue as well?

Thanks.

GLR