Stratmangler wrote:
> I take it the the "inthelakes" part of your username is referring to The
> Lake District in Cumbria.
> All the recommendations are for UK suppliers.
>
> I have been using one of these for a few years now and it hasn't missed
> a beat
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-NSA310-Network-Storage-Closure/dp/B005LDM09U
> and it runs a manufacturer supported version of LMS - you enable the
> application in device administration, and the device downloads the app
> from the Zyxel servers.
> The really nice thing about the NSA310 is that it's cheap to run - it
> draws 17w under heavy workload, and sleeps on lan at just 4w. It is
> quick to wake from sleep too - you're looking at around 15 seconds.
>
> As the NAS pictured is supplied diskless you'll need to fit a HDD and
> this one is on the Zyxel compatible drives list
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Constellation-ES-ST31000524NS-internal-SATA-30/dp/B003CE8EEK

Bear in  mind - according to your LAN setup - that this requires an
ethernet connection to your router.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker (mothballed)
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker - Airplay
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers -
Airplay
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker - AirPlay