SlimChances wrote:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server might help.
> Did you  have trouble installing the software, assigning the music and
> playlist library, signing up for MySqueezebox.com. What exactly was the
> problem. I run my LMS on Linux but there are many Windoze users that
> could help you if you are a little more specific.
> Preference generally can be set in the web UI but any applets you want
> to add are added directly to the player

Thanks for the reply. I am running Windows 7. The Touch is connected via
wireless network. It communicates with the network but is not able to
see LMS and vice versa. Part of the problem is that I am unable to get
Windows to accept my Lan setting to Automatic. It keeps changing  the
setting back to Proxy Server. LMS then tells me "in this configuration
connnectivity to mysqueezebox.com on port 3483 cannot be tested."
Accordingly the box for squeezebox.com on the Diagnostics page of LMS
reflects that both Port 3483 (slimproto) and Port 9000 (HTTP) failed. At
one time Windows did allow the Lan setting to auto to remain and both
ports reflected OK. But no more.

The other known issue (which I am about to try to address with another
change of password) is that the LMS advanced server setting for
mysqueezebox.com will not save my password. I type it in but when I hit
apply it is erased.  Under "Startup Options" in the Status section of
LMS the username and password boxes are blank. I assume that that is
because I am unable to input my password in the advanced server setting.
Do you think that is the case. I cannor find any other way to input my
username and password.

Obviously I am a novice at this. It is frustrating because at one time
the system worked. I don't know what happened to cause it to cease
working but I am now tryiing to start over and get everything right. I
will appreciate any help you can give me.