I've just upgraded to a ZyXEL NSA325 v2 (with a single 2GB disk so far)
from a Buffalo Linkstation LS-WXL.

The Linkstation has been surprisingly adequate for the past 4 years,
with a similar spec processor to your Dockstar (600Mhz Arm, 128MB ram).
But I've found the NSA325 more than twice as fast on scans, and
generally quite a bit more responsive.

I've not used the ZyXEL LMS package (which is a slightly stripped down
LMS 7.7.3 I think). I've gone down the route of building my own versions
of the CPAN libraries (using FFP USB stick on the NSA325) in order to
use the latest LMS 7.8.1 and 7.9 versions.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the ZyXEL for my needs.