Because Spotify doesn't offer the added functionality for third party
hardware. Their API doesn't support more than what the 3rd party plugin
for the Squeezebox does
You'd have to complain to them.

Their latest web API does offer those features:

https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/artist-endpoints/

There are one and a half reasons why this isn't implemented in Logitech's app:

- the SB range of products has been dropped years ago, long before that API got available. No more product development is being done.

- if we decided to still implement it, all SB/Spotify users would need to re-authenticate on mysb.com, as the authentication mechanism has changed. That would be a major support headache.

But then you never know. I've already implemented some of the improved new API, but only features which don't require authentication.

--

Michael