The iPlayer plug-in yesterday, 10th Feb, gave me the following recorded
voice, "the BBC no longer provides this service in the Windows Media
format".  The same applied to Radios 2, 4 Extra & 6 Music.

I checked the plug-in settings and they said AAC>FlashAAC>FlashMP3>WMA
(for both Live Stream Preference and On Demand Stream Preference).  I
tried changing them but it made no difference.  iPlayer Extras worked
fine.

This morning I have tinkered more and, with the settings on
AAC>FlashAAC>FlashMP3>WMA, I got the following results with the text
adjacent to the little window in LMS saying:

BBC Radio 4, 128kbps, CBR, wma - recorded message of no service
BBC Radio 4 Extra, 128kbps, CBR, wma - recorded message of no service
BBC Radio 5 Live, 48kbps, CBR, wma - recorded message of no service
BBC Radio 6 Music, 128kbps, CBR, wma - recorded message of no service
BBC Radio Cymru, 80kbps, CBR, wma - radio worked fine
BBC Radio Wales, 80kbps, CBR, wma - radio worked fine
BBC Radio Scotland, 128kbps, CBR, aac - radio worked fine (note the only
transmission giving aac)

On all of the ones that gave the recorded message of no service, the
text next to the window first read "BBC [radio name], 0, aac" before
switching to the text above.

The Listen Again on the iPlayer plug-in works fine with the text next to
the window saying "128kbps, CBR, aac".

Can anyone establish how I get back to normal service, please?