There is another option. Forum user hechtus wrote a plugin for direct
Google Music integration into LMS, contains a lot of near-perfectly
working access functions to a Google Music account. There is one
limitation, it only works "out-of-the-box" on Linux based systems (I
personally got it to run with minimum effort on an Odroid U3 ARM based
mini-computer running Ubuntu), Windows seems to be quite problematic.
Not sure if someone managed to install it there properly. About MacOS I
didn't follow.

Here is the related forums thread which made me aware of this plugin
(not sure if also an "official" thread started by the plugin author
exists):
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?99482-Stream-google-play-music/page2&highlight=googlemusic+plugin

Here is the project's GitHub site with installation instructions:
https://github.com/hechtus/squeezebox-googlemusic

As I said, it is just a completely alternative option to the "Google
Music over DLNA" approach (which I never got to work properly), just in
case ;-)

Cheers,
Seb

"The only word I know is 'Grunt' - and I can't spell it" (R.I.P. D.A.)
http://www.last.fm/user/srasher