2string1 wrote:
> Is DSD (Direct-Stream Digital) something I should have. I see it in a
> lot of dacs and I can't find if my Tubedac11 has it or if I even need
> it. Sorry I just don't know much about the stuff...

I don't think the tubedac11 supports DSD, but it is not a big
shortcoming. DSD is the format of SACDs, and was developed for archiving
analog tapes back in the 1990's. The problem with DSD is that it is
pretty much impossible to do any processing on it, so it is usually
converted to PCM (the normal digital format) and back again for any
processing. Despite this, some people seem to prefer that format, but
getting the squeezebox to support it takes a bit of effort.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953