Mnyb wrote:
> Wonder why they are so secret about releasing schematics .
>
> The product is old and it's not any revolutionary implementation of
> anything .
>
> If the competition was interested they bough a couple of them,
> desoldered ther components and reverse enginerred with not much effort

They are a large company with lot's of policies/procedures. They
probably have many policies that cover proprietary information,
including something like, "we don't release proprietary Information".
Even though it is not significant information, it's more work to manage
exceptions than to just enforce policy. I also suspect that Logitech has
centralized decision making, which can require high level approval of
even simple decisions. Something like this would never get very far.