2string1 wrote:
> Can I play CD quality music with the Touch?

Yes you do that all the time if you have ripped your CD's to 16/44.1
lossles like FLAC ,ALAC (or AIFF or WAV but that's not an optimal format
) .

So if you ripped your CD's to a lossles format you have CD quality .

Oh there are a bunch more lossles formats like WMAL ,APE , SHN et al
.really to many off them for historical reasons .
All lossles formats do the "same thing" but how well supported is on
players and in software and tagging makes FLAC the most reasonable
choice for most unless your trapped in Apple stuff then ALAC makes some
sense .
Most testing and best functionality for squeezeboxes is the flac file
format again .

That what I did to all my CD's the second time I ripped them I made FLAC
files of all of them .

(The first time I ripped it did not occur to me to use them for anything
but portable players so I made MP3 and had to do it all again ).

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )