I have this Touch on my desk that I use mostly as a digital clock
nowadays.

I was doing (bidding) some auction on eBay for an object that was really
important to me.

So important that I had already begun crafting some holder for it.

In the end I may not have bidded beyond what was the highest bid, but
still, my Squeezebox ran (again) 10 minutes late of the actual time, and
so when I returned to the auction 10 minutes before the end, it was
already passed.

Seriously going to dump that device now, I don't want it anymore. Too
much technology has been failing in my life recently, when something
older and more durable would never have failed. This sort of stuff would
never have happened with real clocks or anything that doesn't take its
time from the internet....

At least I have never had something like this happen to me before,
EVER.

Seriously people.... supporting such a device, fine, but see what it
does. It's the same way these days your phone stops working if the
electricity goes down (landline phones) whereas before they didn't, and,
smartphones on which you can never reliably touch a button and most of
the time, depending on which vendor you have, the risk of doing
something stupid and fucking things up is abysmal.

Dependability of technology is going down, down and down.

I think that thing is going into a container within a week or maybe I'll
try to burn it first, but that probably won't happen. I think I'll be
happy when I hear its "plonk".

An unsatisfied customer. ;-).

I really wanted to design for that thing and even write firmware for it.
I guess that dream is long gone now. Sorry.