Mnyb wrote:
> Is not DoP the mechanism we have ? Thats what we have over spdiff ?
>
> Then there is different rates of dsd 64,128 or more i would gues without
> knowing that the faster rates are probably not supported especially on
> dop over 24/192

Well, this is over USB, so I'm still very unclear about the mechanism.
What I do see is that much of the DSD work on the snd_usb kernel code
has been done post 2.6.26 (the version of the kernel that's on the
touch). The dac accepts asynchronous USB and accoridng to at least 'one
site' (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/111976512163?rmvSB=true), the CMEDIA
CM6632A chip provides industry-standard HDA and I2S I/O interfaces.
Isn't DoP implicit in I2S?

I don't think I have and DSD material over 5.6448 MHz (DSD128).

BR.

Marius