celo wrote:
> Since I have not used an amp/DAC before I am trying to figure it out how
> to connect. Currently, I connected the Mojo via USB to SBT (EDO).
>
> Yes, (@Man in a van), I connect the 3.5mm cable to the headphone output
> on the Mojo and connect the RCA ends to my amp (no volume on the amp).
> So, no need to use line out mode (I assume).
>
> What I want to know is that what amp is feeding my speakers? :) The Mojo
> or my amp?:) I do not think Mojo's amp can be bypassed. I am confused
> here as how it works.

Well Celo, this is how it works when I use an iFi Nano dac.

I use the headphone output to my PRE amplifier.

The output is set to 100%, volume knob turned completely right (this is
on the mfg's advice as it is essentially a passive pre-amp).

Doing this effectively takes it out of the equation.

I assume that the amplifier you are using (info would be nice) is a
power amplifier.

The headphone output on the Mojo could then be used as a a pre
amplifier.

You need to check your specs, as the volume output could be very low,
depending o the sensitivity of the power amp you are feeding it into.

Better still, contact Chord with full information of the equipment you
are using and ask their advice. They should be able to advise you if the
headphone output is sufficient or that you need to use the line ouput
setting. (I'm guessing that if you choose the latter then a pre-amp
would be required).

When asking these type of questions it is important to give as much
information and detail as possible.