hi all..

A guys selling a SBT and says hes been using a Audiolab MDAC and using a
external 3rd party app via SBT . He seems the think the MDAC is
asynchronous DAC. Correct me if Iam wrong here, but iam sure it is not,
only maybe the Input Connection itself.
To qualify as an asynchronous DAC, every input of the DAC (not just the
USB) would be asynchronous – where the designer would throw away the
source clock and rely only on the DAC’S internal clock. There are scarce
few of these around..and expensive.

I recently bought the new Rega DAC and that claims a asynchronous Input.
(I never tried it with the App-But doubt that would of made a difference
at 192K )

It makes perfect sense now when I tried the Rega DAC with my CD player,
Why it Sounded better(a better source output than the SBT)

or like one guy commented" the DACS not making your CD Better, The CD
Player  making the DAC sound better"!