Mnyb wrote:
> Does it not bother you that most recordings going truogh the process is
> the same old analog and low res digital recordings (48kHz original
> sample rate in the studio ) they already sold to us as SACD DVDA and HD
> tracks downloads ( up-sampled to 96 or192 ) ? No true hirez pedigree
> hence can not really benefit.
> It's the same issue as with HD downloads . It's only considerable if the
> original recordings is a true hirez recording to begin with .
> For example 2L and AIX .
> There must be real ultrasonic content in the original signal it's that
> content that get MQA encoded .

Not sure who your comment is directed to Mnyb?

Doesn't it bother you (or whoever) that you've developed an opinion not
based in fact but rather speculation and conjecture? Unless you've
spoken directly with Content Providers/Partners
(http://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/our-partners), you don't know the profile
of the original, i.e. best studio master. If MQA makes "old analog and
low res digital recordings" sound better, then MQA would be my choice.
It's really a basic "cost/benefit" decision.

MQA represents that Content Providers use the highest quality original
for creating the MQA edition. In every A/B comparison I've listened to
via TIDAL streaming, the MQA version is superior SQ. If I purchased
music rather than exclusively streamed, I'd be forced to accept the
reality that Content Providers are going to keep pace with emerging
audio technology. If I felt there was little-to-no improvement, I simply
voted with my feet--i.e. stick with what I have and don't patronize the
latest and greatest. This is really common sense.

*Source*: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1
app on iPhone6s/iPad
*Great Room*: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS    Audio  DL3 DAC >
Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin   Logan (ML) Purity
speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp >   ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
*Garage:* SB Touch(3) > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
*Carry Anywhere: *TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
*Streaming Media:* https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/