mvilla wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have now put my Squeezebox Touch in my bed room. Normally I use my
> headphones but thinking of a small active speaker to connect. It should
> be not used to play loud but good quality sound at low level of volume.
> Do you have any advice? Budget could be up to 200$ If required.
> Thanks in advance for your support.
> Massimo

Now I have Audioengine A2 as my desktop speakers (iMac via Audioengine
D1 DAC) and also A5+ fed from an SBT out on the terrace at my place so
concur with these suggestions made above.  But the OP's requirements
seem more modest so - at the risk of incurring wrath from purists -
humbly suggest the Bose SoundLink Mini.

I first heard one in a shop in Reykjavik (yes - capital of Iceland) and
asked where the sub was 'cos the sound was so good.  Bought one when we
got back to the UK (mine's a Mk 1), and now several of my friends have
done the same having listened to mine.

I've connected it to SBTs (via analogue obvs), iPod, iPhone / iPad
(direct and via Bluetooth) and it always pleases.

Not sure of pricing where you are but used ones are available.

I know that many poo-poo Bose products but this one works for me.

Just my 10 cents worth.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it ...-
Server = iMac Sierra -> Bootcamp 6.0 ->  W10 (dBpoweramp ripping /
MediaMonkey management)
Router = Huawei B593 4G + repeaters
Lounge = SB Touch wi-fi -> Devialet D200 -> Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MkIIs
Covered terrace = SB Touch wi-fi -> AudioEngine A5+
Study = SB3 wi-fi -> NAD D3020 -> Epos K1
Kitchen + bedroom = Radio wi-fi
Garage = SB2 wi-fi  -> Rotel RA820BX2 -> MA252
iOS control = iPeng / SqueezePad; Android = SqueezeCommander;