Alarm handling is the single most annoying thing about the Touch.
I wondered if there were any alternative Alarm Addons, or if a patch would be
possible.

Alarm comes on when it is meant to, plays music at the right configured volume.

The problem:
1. I have it set up to play random music.  Sometimes tracks play that I have no
idea who the artist or album are.  Sometimes I want to rate the song that is
playing.  However, I can't look at the now playing screen or do any actions
until I exit the alarm popup screen.  It is not possible to do this without
also stopping the music.  If I stop the alarm music playback stops, I can only
restart the track from the begining again.

I just want a minimal impact to the Touch interface.  I am quite capable of
pressing the power button on a Slim Devices remote, or the power-off soft
button on the Touch UI or Pause on the Now Playing screen.

If someone could point me in the direction of the right area in source code, I
would patch the behaviour to either not display the alarm question dialog at
all, or provide another option to cancel the dialog and continue to the Now
Playing window.