Thanks for the other power supply links.

Turns out, as noted elsewhere, if not using the USB input, 2.5 A is
sufficient to fully power the Touch and I.R. sensor.  I tried my old
Elpac WM075-1950 linear power supply (5W 2.5A, used elsewhere with an
SB3) works perfectly.  Fidelity is great, and my remote now works again!

main system:  touch > bel canto dac 3.5vb > conrad-johnson ct-5 preamp
and premier 350 amp > ml expressions. audience au24e cables.  secondary
systems elsewhere in home: 1- boom, 2- sb3's, and 2- sb radio's.  member
of the 'suncoast audiophile society'
(http://www.meetup.com/suncoast-audiophile-society/)