Now I can't get past "Choose language."  If do choose, I get "Choose
language" in the chosen language and can't get further.

More info:  Voltmeter shows powersupply a steady 4.93v. I assume that's
good enough, but I'll try another. Red Toslink glows.  Unit does not
show up on LAN.  Long and short reset button presses don't help.

History: Some months ago, the WiFi radio seemed to fail completely. So I
just switched to Ethernet, and there wasn't a problem since.  Just
before I got stuck on Choose Language, the touch screen was fine, menus
were fine but unit lost connection to LMS.

I rebooted to Choose Language and can't get past.

All hail these Forums!