Bit late in replying. Whoever is whining about snake oil is ignorant. I
have the D2 running on a full Naim system with Sonus Faber Cremona
auditors for several years now. It sounds excellent. SBT EDO directly
recognizes the D2. These products have a good following around the world
and they’re inexpensive. Check Audiokarma and Supercharged forums.
Nobody is talking about snake oil and the vast majority are quite happy.
The D2 allows for mods and upgrades. I changed the OPA627 op amps for
Sparkos SS3602. Tube rolling between Tesla, WE and GE NOS allow for
further tweaking. Yes, it looks inexpensive but it sounds expensive...I
can’t complain about this DAC. It makes excellent music and have been
reliable for 2 years now. My 2 cents.