My SB Touch has been plugging along for many years now, feeding its
SP/DIF output to my Bel Canto C5i.

I was recently rearranging things and decided to try a TOSLINK cable
instead, but only got dead silence. I tried two different cables and
both optical inputs on the amp. The optical cables and amp inputs work
fine with a different source, so it seems to be tied back to the Touch.
However, I do get a red light at the end of the cable when it is plugged
into the Touch's optical out, so it looks like I have a carrier with no
signal.

Everything else on the Touch seems to work fine. Has anyone else had
only the TOSLINK output fail on their Touch? Any suggestions? Is it
worth pulling the unit apart to check things out?