radish112 wrote:
> bpa,
>
> I'm not very knowledgeable about wireless networks
> What information would tell me whether:
> 1. the router is acting properly relaying DNS requests?
> 2. the Touch is being blocked from internet access?

This would probably be something on the router. Logging into the Touch
using ssh enables command line commands to be executed and so test &
check connectivity from the Touch.  If we can't login to Touch then
there is likely a network problem problem not a Touch one.

> On the Touch I used Settings>Advanced>Remote Login to Enable SSH
> This provided me with a "root password"
> I tried logging in to the Touch with Filezilla's SFTP- SSH File Transfer
> Protocol using the user name "root" and the Touch-supplied password

IIRC Filezilla only file transfer - we need command line access.  What
OS do you have to run a command line prompt Windows, Linux aka
Ubuntu/Debian etc, OSX ?

For linux get a shell prompt and use command ssh root@192.168.86.39

For Windows use puTTY - I'm not familiar with the exact details.

With both I expect the connection to initially fail - hopefully with an
error like "no matching key exchange method found" rather than can't
find 192.168.86.39