@Edvard

I have a Topping DX3Pro

It's connected by usb from a rpi3b+ and by spdif co-ax from an Allo
Digione (this als has a librespot instance installed).

All players use Squeezelite on the Raspberrypi Desktop OS

The LMS is installed on a rp4b (4gb) also running the raspberrypi OS
Desktop

I only have three dsd/dsf files for testing

I installed EDO on my SBT but I get this message when I navigate to LMS
> Settings > Squeezebox Touch > DSDPlayer

>  DSDPlayer:-  DSDPlayer does not currently include a version of dsdplay
> which supports your server. DSD playback has been disabled for this
> player.

I'm certain that when I connected the Topping several months ago, that
it did work with the EDO/DSD. But not, apparently, any more.
The SBT software is up to date. LMS is >  version 7.9.3 - 1591161343 @ Thu Jun
4 04:15:24 CEST 2020

Anyway, both the USB and Co-ax work from the SBT into the Topping.

With usb I have to use the remote to either Stop/start or switch input
when changing from one source, say local music files, to another, eg.
internet radio.

With the Spdif co-ax I can just switch source and get immediate playback
(as normal).

Sorry I can't help further

ronnie